This company is an expert in the field of building and developing (emergency) power installations. They are looking for a driven data engineer for their Smart & Sustainable Power team.
At the Smart & Sustainable Power Team, we are dedicated to developing smart and sustainable energy solutions. We are looking for a driven data engineer who is passionate about data analysis and wants to contribute to the transformation of the energy industry. As a data engineer in our team, you will work on analyzing data from different components of microgrids, such as batteries, solar panels, generators, grid connections, and consumers. Through advanced data analysis and the right direction, we aim to solve problems for customers and create new revenue models.
Over time, the team has created a complex Excel model that should model the energy solution and costs. However, the model is now so complex that they are looking for a more robust tool. Think of building a Python program, PowerBI dashboard, or another method to make complex models robust. It is important that you have an affinity with both data science and data engineering. It will indeed be a combination of interpreting the data and doing analyses on it and also building the tool to make the model robust where improvements can be added along the way.
As a data engineer at the Smart & Sustainable Power Team, your role includes the following tasks:
- Converting the Excel model to a robust tool that is future-proof
- Setting up data analyses: You are responsible for developing and implementing advanced data analysis models to gain insights from the collected data. You identify trends, patterns, and deviations in the performance of the different components of microgrids.
- Advising clients: Based on the insights obtained, you advise clients on the optimization of their microgrid installations. You translate complex data analysis results into understandable and actionable recommendations, enabling clients to make more informed decisions.
- Creating reports and dashboards: You develop clear reports and visually attractive dashboards to present the data in an understandable way. This allows clients to monitor the performance of their microgrid and identify potential optimization opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you must meet the following job requirements:
- Completed Master’s degree, preferably in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or other analytical studies.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and other frameworks so you can convert an Excel model into a more robust tool
- Extensive knowledge of and skill in using Excel for analyzing and visualizing data.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving thinking to tackle complex data challenges.
- Good communication skills to present the results of data analysis in an understandable way and effectively advise clients.
What we offer:
- A challenging role within an innovative and dynamic team committed to sustainable energy solutions.
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the energy transition and contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Flexibility in working hours with the possibility of remote working, mainly in the office with a day remote is the most common.
- Access to a training budget for personal and professional development, allowing you to continue expanding your skills.
- Excellent salary based on your skills and interests
If you are excited about this challenging role as a data engineer within the Smart & Sustainable Power Team, click the ‘Apply Now’ button! We look forward to welcoming your talent and expertise to our team and making a positive impact on the energy transition together.